Since we began, our purpose has remained unchanged
One key element has not changed since the very first person was welcomed into the Olivet home in 1949, the spirit of providing care with compassion, kindness and respect.
The origins of what is today Olivet Care can remarkably be traced back over 70 years. With the addition of our newest 60 bed high care building in 2020, named The Oaks & The Willows households, we now have 135 residential care beds with a team of over 120 dedicated staff and almost 100 loyal volunteers.
We’ve come a long way since 1949, a time when Ringwood was a rural suburb characterised by unmade roads, orchards, open paddocks and milk deliveries by horse and cart.
Over the journey we have continued to expand our range of aged care offerings adding a Day Centre (Olive Grove House) and Home Care services in the last 15 years to complement our traditional residential care capabilities.
Land and a nine-room furnished home was purchased in Rupert Street Ringwood.Circa 1949
The physical changes over the decades across our landscape here in Rupert Street have been significant.1949
The home became a shelter for widowed women who were in need of accommodation and social support.1950
12-bed hostel, known as Collins Street, was officially opened. This new hostel became the catalyst for Olivet Care’s progression into aged care services.1963
30-bed high care nursing home known as The Willows was opened, enabling ageing in place care to be provided to residents.1981
Olivet Care’s high care services were expanded with the opening of the Acacia wing, facilitated by acquiring additional land from the adjacent Tobin Brothers property.2003
Our Olive Grove House Day Centre was launched, providing a welcome respite option for carer’s in the local area.2005
Our 30 bed specialist Dementia & Memory Support wing, Juniper, was opened.2012
Olivet Care adds Home Care services to it’s range of aged care support services helping those that prefer to remain in the comfort and familiarity of their own home.2019
Olivet Care’s new 60-bed state of the art high care facility opened in late March2019
Our newest building, The Palms officially opens in June 20222022